Sunday, January 25, 2009

Iowa Visit

We had fun on our trip to Iowa right after Christmas.. We left a couple of days after Christmas and it was a long trip! The drive was about 20 hours total.. We did get caught up in some snow and ice in Kansas and had to stop for the night. We were disappointed bc we wanted to make the drive in one day without stopping.. but we were close! We actually did make it on the way back without stopping (except for gas and bathroom breaks, of course). In Iowa we just enjoyed being with Ben's family (his sister, Julie, her husband, and three kids). They have a beautiful house with a really cool basement the kids loved to play in. Julie had a copy of the South Beach Diet book and I was engrossed with it and read the whole book while I was there. I actually bought my own book (the updated one) and started the diet when we got back. I lost 8 lbs in phase 1, which is only 2 weeks. The hardest part is preparing the food, bc I was spending! We are just going to try to be healthy and eat nutritious foods, keeping in mind that breads and such can be terrible for a diet (especially when they are not whole grains). I am also trying to really get back into exercising. I used to exercise all the time. This school year has been really busy and I have been kinda lazy.. But I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things.

Our other fun thing to do on the trip was watch all of the Rocky movies! Ben is definitely a Rocky fanatic, and I had never really watched any of them. We got through all but the last one. Of course, I may have fallen asleep through some of the endings (it was late!)..

Since Hunter and Sam's birthdays were both coming up, we decided to have a combined birthday party for them. That was fun and we loved the chocolate cake!

Here is a link to our photo album for the trip.

Iowa trip 2008

No comments: