Thursday, July 31, 2008

Where did summer go???

Wow, I can't believe summer is just about over. Tomorrow my co-teacher Kristan and I are going to be working in our room and getting things ready. We also have a new teacher lunch. Then next week I start going to trainings and finish working in the room pretty much until school starts. I am really missing my friends at Jackson right about now, but I'm also excited to make new friends. Katelyn and Hunter will be going to daycare next week.. Where did the time go?

Last weekend Ben and I decided to take a super last minute trip without the kids.. and went to Vegas! It was my first time. Hunter was with his mom for the weekend and Katelyn stayed with Ben's parents. We stayed off the strip but spent all day Saturday and part of Sunday checking out all of the beautiful hotels and looking at the stores. We had a lot of fun, but we are still recouperating. I didn't realize it was a nearly 10 hour drive!! We don't have any pictures bc we forgot the memory card so we just didn't bother with the camera.. next time I'm sure we'll take tons of pics.

Today is cleaning day.. plus I still need to work on lesson plans and set up my Tivo.. I keep putting that off bc I don't know how to do it with DirecTV, but today I'm going to give it my best shot.

2 comments:

The Wolfsohns said...

We miss you too! We started on Monday and everyone at Jackson has been asking about you! I know the people at your new school will love you as much as we do! Let us know how everything is going! By the way, I love the room- except for the fact they ruined the view by putting in new trailers for the Focus teachers :-)

abigail said...

Good luck and best wishes as you begin the school year at your new school! Our children start tomorrow. They are all excited. Tell Katelyn, Hunter and Ben we said hey! Take care!