Monday, June 2, 2008

We Moved!

Well the last couple of weeks have been incredibly busy for our family. Ben flew in to GA Friday (5/23) and we had some time in Georgia to spend with my family before the big move. It was an emotional weekend but it was good to have that time with the family. On Sunday, we took some family pictures, thanks to Kara's high-tech camera. It would have been perfect if only Hunter was there too.








On Memorial Day, we began our drive to NM. I have to say it was a long drive, especially with a few tire issues and bad weather. We made it out here Tuesday night and started moving into our apartment Wednesday morning. Ben and I worked hard moving several heavy items and I have a few bruises to prove it. We also had to do some shopping and bought a new sectional for our living room and some other items for our home. The sectional will be here in a couple of weeks, so for now we are just using the Comfy Sac for a couch.

Now we are just hanging out and having fun! We've been going to the park and the pool, and we are going to start hitting the tennis courts also. Hunter and Katelyn have also been having fun playing the Wii (Dance, Dance Revolution is a big hit!)..










It stinks that Ben is back to work, but we did have a movie night last night and watched National Treasure 2. We've both been wanting to watch that for quite awhile. We just got a Netflix membership, so I'm sure we'll be having lots more movie nights.

5 comments:

abigail said...

Congratulations on your move! We send our best wishes! I know your family will miss you lots, but they will have a neat and beautiful place to visit! Tell Katelyn that identical cousin, Mollie says hello! xoxo

The Ashment Family said...

Awww! Tell Katelyn I miss her! Those pictures of her are so cute! I'm glad y'all made it out there safely.

elissa said...

Looks like you're settling in nicely. Glad the move is over and you're there safe! The kids are so cute.

Heather Alvarez said...

Hey! I just found your blog via Kara's! Hope all is well in your new home! We miss you guys!

Opp Family said...

I hate that are sisters get togethers will be minus one :(